Rob Mathes is Emmy award-winning, Grammy nominated, Tony nominated music producer, composer, arranger, singer, songwriter, keyboardist, and guitarist. The list of names that Rob has worked with is extraordinary--including production and songwriting collaborations with Sting on his last three albums, and serving as musical director on Sting's “The Last Ship: World Tour with the Royal Philharomic". As an arranger Rob has written orchestrations for artists all over the stylistic spectrum—from Jay Z, Elton John, Bruce Springsteen, Stevie Wonder, Tony Bennett, Yo Yo Ma, Luciano Pavaorotti, and Panic at the Disco.
In Part One of Michael's interview with Rob, some of the content discussed includes:
- Why Rob feels closer to God listening to Bach or Mahler than a Sunday morning sermon.
- How Tony Bennet insisted Rob immediately go out and purchase what he considered to be the greatest record of all time.
- What it's been like to collaborate with Stevie Wonder, Sting, Yo Yo Ma, and other renowned artists.
- What lies behind truly great songwriting and musical production.
- Complete tracks of Rob’s music, including “Christ Came Back and Trashed the Cathedral” and “William the Angel.